Thursday, January 23, 2014

Should it Stay... or Should it Go???

My Love obsession for Christmas has gotten the best of me again this year. It is now about a whole month after Christmas and every ounce of my Christmas decorations are still up. From night lights and snowglobes to trees and stockings. I cannot seem to muster up the balls to take it down. Is it the back of my mind telling me to put it off because it knows it will take me weeks to get everything packed up. I decorated with 4 trees this year and am planning to add 2 more next year... bringing the grand total to 6 trees. Am I crazy!?! Please do not answer that. 

Am I just afraid of facing the depressed state I will be in when it's all gone and in the deep dark corners of the storage room in my basement? It is pretty sad to think that that gorgeous tree with its beautiful glass ornaments and twinkling lights will soon be shoved and folded into a cardboard box! Oh how inhumane.

I am however, itching to fill all my new Christmas totes this year. Is it bad that we had to buy 8 more totes? Again, don't answer. 

Reality is January is coming to a close and whether I like it or not... the decorations need to go. And as I bundle each item with tissue paper & bubble wrap, I envision next year's Christmas and how I only have 337 days to prepare. 




No comments:

Post a Comment