Saturday, January 25, 2014

25 Childrens Books of Christmas

A fun tradition for families to start, is to read a different christmas book each night during the 25 days of Christmas. I get that Christmas just ended... however books aren't too pricey but if your buying 25 books they can really add up. What I would suggest is to start picking up a couple of books each month and when December hits, you will have your own personal library. You may even find Christmas books a little cheaper now in the off months :)



Another fun twist you could do is wrapping the books and letting the  kiddos unwrap 1 a night randomly.  Too fun!

Here is a list I compiled of my families 25 favorite Christmas Books:

1. Elf on the Shelf : We recommend reading this one on Dec 1st so the children know what the elf is all about. Such a cute tradition. They actually have girl elves and clothes too.

2. Frosty the Snowman : Classic... need I say more? Great book to save for a snowy night or a day that the family went out and built a snowman. If you live in a state that doesn't get snow, you could do a snowman art project that day.

3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas : This book is just too darn cute. I think everyone's hearts grow 3 sizes right after they read it.

4. The Polar Express : Another Classic. I just love the artwork.

5. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer : Its just not Christmas without the red-nosed reindeer.

6. The Spirit of Christmas : This one is my tear jerked... hold your babies close when you read them this one.

7. Peanuts: A Charlie Brown Christmas : Charlie Brown and the tiny, sad Christmas tree... who could resist???

8. The Little Christmas Elf : I love elves so needless to say we have quit a few books about elves... this is one of my favorites.

9. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Christmas : Miss Carsyn's Favorite. She loves all things Mickey Mouse. I have to say that I like it too. It's a cute short story.

10. Olive, the Other Reindeer : This story is so funny. All ages will surely enjoy.

11. A Jolly Christmas Postman : This book actually has envelopes inside that you get to open. Super cute & fun.

12. Clifford's First Christmas : Oh how I love this adorable red dog.

13. The Christmas Story : Read to your children the story of Jesus' birth.

14. The Pajama Elves : Start another family tradition. Super cute.

15. Legend of the Candy Cane : Christian symbolism of the Candy Cane.

16. Happy Birthday, Jesus : A book that recognizes the birthday aspect of Christmas.

17. The Sweet Smell of Christmas : A scratch & sniff Christmas book. How cool is this???

18. God Gave Us Christmas : A story about the reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place.

19. Jolly Old Santa Claus : LOVE the artwork.

20. Peekaboo Christmas : For the wee little ones in the family.

21. I Spy Christmas : I know, it's technically not a story book but what a fun "game" for you and the kids.

22. Christmas in the Manger : A little board book for the wee little hands.

23. The Night Before the Night Before Christmas : Happy Dec 23rd

24. The Night Before Christmas : Could any Christmas be complete without reading this on Christmas Eve?

25. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever : A very good book.

Please let me know if you recommend any others that I left out. :)

Hope everyone has a great Rudolph Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment