Monday, August 18, 2014

$$$Holiday Spending$$$


How much is too much and how much is too little. I'm curious to hear from readers what they spend on each child for Christmas Gifts. And also how much they spend on the whole holiday season (food, plays, charities, extended family gifts, etc. It adds up)

Last year was our first year playing Santa. We follow my families gift tradition: Mom and Dad put gifts under the tree and Santa leaves gifts piled up in front of the fireplace. So it's very easy to spend a lot & go over the budget this way.

This year I downloaded an app to help keep me organized in the gift department. I'm able to categorize what I have bought for people, gift ideas and my budget. How do all of you keep organized??? Do you commonly go over the budget???

I plan on keeping track of ALL my Christmas expenses and adding then up after the holiday to get the Total KaBang!!!! This will include EVERYTHING. (Examples: extra ornament hooks, postage stamps, Christmas Portraits, tape, wrapping paper, bows, All gifts, ornaments, cookie ingredients, admissions into our favorite holiday attractions)

This year I plan to cut back on the niece and nephew spending. We normally spend $100 on each niece or nephew (3) but this year I'm budgeting $75/child. So since  I am decreasing the spending on them, I plan to bargain shop like crazy with their $75. For my one niece I actually just ordered the American Girl Chalet (regularly $150... for $60) :)

If your budgets are tight do you work like hell to bargain shop with that money?? Do any of you wait to shop for Christmas on Black Friday or do you get started early like I do???

Did anyone take advantage of the Fisher-Price Christmas in July Sale???? I got the Little People Ariel Grotto for $15! And some other random good deals :) you know... Minnie Mouse Stuff. Mostly everything on sale was 50% off. I usually only buy if I am getting some sort of deal... some exceptions though (blabla dolls seem to never go on sale and I just picked up Suzanne & Josephine for C's bday)

No comments:

Post a Comment